Nancy Horowitz Moilanen M.A. CCC SLP
Highly regarded, innovative Speech-Language Pathologist with more than 36 years of experience in establishing and managing Speech Pathology departments in medical facilities and educational institutions. Recognized capacity to use leadership skills in executing successful programs, clinical expertise, administrative abilities, treatment of communication, cognition, Dysphagia, CVA, TBI, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other neurogenic disorders.
Frank Howard Memorial Hospital Willits, CA 1979 - Present
Mendocino Coast District Hospital - Fort Bragg, CA 1986 - 2006
Multiple Skilled Nursing Facilities & Homehealth Contracts - Northern California 1979-2006
· Humboldt State University M.A. in Speech & Hearing Sciences, 1975
· Fullerton Community College A.A. in Marketing Management, 1972
Continuing Education, Professional Development, & Awards
· American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) • One-year, 21-hour Course in ASHA’s Health Leadership Program • Select Group of 30 Nationwide Participants • 20112012.
· Received Three ASHA ACE Awards for Earning More than 7.0 CEUs (70 hours) within 3 Years.
· Completed ASHA Continuing Education Units Annually, 1975Current.
Certifications, Licensures, & Professional Affiliations
· ASHA • Certificate of Clinical Competence, Speech-Language Pathologist • #1002919 1979
· California State License, Bureau of Medical Quality Assurance • SPL #3487 • March 1979
Presentations & Contributions
· ARsha 2013 presentation:
· ASHA Leadership Development Program - Healthcare 2012 - Graduate Presenter to New Course Members
· ASHA 2012 Presentation
· Ashasphere Blog Contributor • www.ASHAsphere.org • Communication Wellbeing and Social Wellbeing…an Aspect of Health” • 2011
· ASHA National Convention • Study Links Communication Wellbeing to Health in Linguistically Impaired Adults • 2010
· National Dyslexia Association • Contributor to the “Chelsea Project,” a Longevity Study of Linguistically Feral Adult • 1995